Monday, November 16, 2009

we got jokes here...

So, I've kind of been waiting for Miah and Cody to hit the age where they understand and tell jokes. I love jokes, especially cheesy ones so I guess that's probably the reason for this. The other day in the car Cody goes, "mommy, I know a joke" and he does the "knock knock banana, knock knock banana, knock knock orange, orange you glad I didn't say banana" joke. Now, the amusing part of this is when delivering the punch line, (orange you glad I didn't say banana) he didn't say the word orange. Then he proceeded to tell Jeremiah that the joke worked with anything, like he could do the same thing with apple and pears and it would be just as funny. I chuckled a bit and didn't correct him, I mean, he's just starting out, who am I to crush his comedic dreams?

Jeremiah, feeling inspired by Cody's joke telling, he busts out with this little keeper: How do you make a Kleenex dance?





You put a little BOOGIE in it!! LOL! I laughed out loud. GOOD TIMES!

Cody, not to be out done goes, okay why does an A have an upside down V in it?

Me: Um...not sure, why?

Cody: Because it's POOP!!!

Me: *scratching head, confused* where did you hear that one buddy?

Cody: I made it up, just now!

Me: Um, I think the punch line needs some work....how about why does and A have an upside down V in it?

Cody: Why?

Me: Because it's a VERY awesome letter!

Cody: *blank stare*

Me: or is that kind of stupid?

Cody: no Mom, its VERY stupid!

Well, I guess that settles it then...he's going to be good at dealing with the hecklers if he decides to pursue comedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

nano widget