Monday, August 11, 2008

Hello

Well, I'm sitting here and it's Jeremiah and Cody's first day of school, and my first day home alone with my new little Gage. So many things are going through my head right now, some Mommy-type feelings and some OMG that party on Saturday night was WICKED and I SAW PAT BENETAR last night feelings!!! SHE ROCKS!! And I'm watching the olympics which, have the power to make me cry...pathetic right?!? So if this blog is a little ADD you at least have a little bit of notice!!




First day of Kindergarten for Cody and 1st grade for Jeremiah. They looked so handsome in their new school clothes and it was so cute to see Cody finally joining his big brother.


The scary thing is when I look at Gage and I just know that before I have time to catch my breath it's going to be his first day of school. You always hear how the time flys by, but me, like many people before me still don't realize when it's happening until it's already done. I can remember trying comfort a newborn Cody while my scandalous Jeremiah was sneaking into the other room coloring on my senior pictures! I remember him saying HIIIIIIIII-IIIIIII so long and so loud to every single person at walmart and saying it over and over and over until they responded to him! My boys are all so precious and although I adore them and I definitely feel happy that I can't have any more kids....I'm a little sad that Gage is going to be the last little baby I'll hold for a long time.


I think that it's why people love being grandparents!! You get to see, hold and play with a new little baby but don't have to go through being pregnant! But I don't want to think about that, the thought of my little boys becoming parents is just way too much to comprehend for me at this point in time!!!
I got to go see Pat Benetar in concert with my Mom last night! We were both kind of nervous even though we were so excited because the thing that we both LOVE about Pat Benetar is the the amazing power in her voice. When she sings and you hear her music (heart breaker, shadows of the night, hell is for children) you just feel like you could take on the world! Mom and I were nervous that maybe her voice wasn't as good as it used to be or something. Well, we had NO REASON for concern, she absolutely brought it man, it was AWESOME!! At the end of Hell is for Children she just NAILED it.....so cool! I took a picture with my phone and it came out OK but I can't figure out how to get it off my phone (I'm technically challenged) so there it shall sit for now. I also got some video, but as it's on a cell phone the sound sucks! Oh well, I guess it's better than nothing, I didn't think to bring my camera with me :~( maybe I'll remember next time. Oh yeah, and mental note for next time, when going to a concert where I may end up standing for a few hours, avoid the 3 1/2 inch heels....I was hurting from that one for a while. Oh yeah, and do my homework BEFORE I go! I had to race home and write a 4 page paper for my cost accounting class because we got home at 10:30 and the paper was due by midnight...not that I'm a procrastinator or anything, but going from awesome concert to accounting paper is kind of crappy, so next time I think I'll do my homework first!
Now, the reason I didn't do my homework earlier that day was due to the fact that I was recovering from a wicked fun birthday party on saturday night! My girl corrie turned 29 and she looked beautiful in our "sisterhood of the traveling birthday girl bag" of stuff!! It has an awesome tiara that's silver and pink and purple and says b-day girl, a magic wand, a pink sash, and clip on earings....oh yeah, I think the intended user of the product is like a 3 year old girl, but hey, you're never to old to wear a pink tiara and wave a magic wand on your birthday right? I don't have any pictures to stick on here from that becauase they're all on Corries camera (if you're reading this, you need to email me them!! and figure out when we're gonna have a game night to try out your present). That was one hell of a party girl.....Jell-o shots fell from the sky and good times were had by all! Enjoy the last year of your twenties and I'm looking forward to the middle of september when it's Duffy's turn to be the birthday princess! Oh yeah!
I'm totally going backwords here, but it was a crazy busy weekend! Saturday started out with a mad dash through wal-mart to get the rest of the school supplies for the kids.....$30 worth of freakin paper, are you kidding me!?!? I hate that we have to get things like 5 reams of paper and 5 boxes of kleenex and wipe and hand sanitizer for EACH kid, but I guess I'd rather spend the money so the school can spend their money on more important things like books and such...hopefully that's the reason for it, that's what I tell myself anywyas. I'm so lucky to have grandparents in town that help out with that kind of thing because buying school supplies, and uniforms, and new shoes, and and and and.....it just get so expensive! They're worth it though, for sure!
After our mad dash through wal-mart we went to Jeremiah and Cody's school, STAR academy. They just opened their new building this year (they were in a double wide trailor last year) and we got to take a tour, meet the teacher, eat snow cones and drop off school supplies (like freakin 10 reams of paper!!) they even set up a bounce house for the kids. Then it was off to Arvada for the Miller Family reunion. This would be my husbands, grandfathers family. His siblings and their kids, grandkids and great-grandkids. It was a beautiful after noon, not too hot not too cold and they had a bounce house there too (I think miah and cody bounced for like 6 hours that day!). Once we left there we drove back to the springs leaving baby gage with his grandparents and great-grandparents so he could have a sleepover. Eric and I took the older boys with us to Sears to look at our pictures from the day before...supposedly you can look at them online but I can't get it to load the session, it says to wait at least 48 hours but we had pictures taken on friday, but I guess I'll just check again tomorrow and we'll see then. But we did get some ordered and they came out super cute, if nothing else I'll scan 'em in when we get them and then I can post them on here! Jeremiah and Cody then got dropped of at my Mom's so they could spend the night there so Eric and I could go to the aformentioned wicked awesome birthday party and SLEEP all night long, OH YEAH!!
I just saw the recording of the olympics yesterday where the US (with Michaelf Phelps) won the 4x100 meter freestyle relay, WE'RE SO AWESOME! The look in their faces when the realized they won was priceless...really!! Loved it!!
Oh well, time to clean my house...that's one thing that did not survive the weekend! And if I get it done now while Gage is sleeping it might not take as long. I guess I should figure out something for dinner too...apparently feeding my kids is a requirement, not an optional thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

nano widget